Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sending Mails to people based on criteria containing specific data from that criteria row

JeffJeffrey
5 - Atom

Dear community,

I am trying to do some basic analytics where I gather data and compare it and if something isn't according to what it should be or does not meet the test criterias, I want to send out mails.

These mails should contain the responsible person which should be based on an criteria (code) and within the text of the mail I want to have some values from that row (only that row) to show the person where the problem is.

In a large scale I will have maybe about 50 mails going on to different people containing different values from various tests I did for each of this codes.

I hope I could explain properly what my case is and maybe someone can help me on that and explain what I need to do as I couldn't find a solution in the community yet which fits my expectations.

2 REPLIES 2
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @JeffJeffrey,

the easiest way to write personalized E-Mails is to use the text-tool to generate the E-Mail text.

Let's say our data looks like this:

grossal_0-1584190890363.png

Configuration of Text-Tool:

grossal_1-1584190911859.png

Final text:

grossal_2-1584190920477.png

You can than add the E-Mail tool and select the right fields:

grossal_3-1584190980168.png

Explanation & configuration:

You can add columns to the Text-Tool in two ways.

1) Use the "Available Fields" Option

grossal_4-1584191057865.png

This write [Error:A] into your text which will be replaced during the workflow.

2) Write it yourself

The syntax is pretty simple, you write [COLUMN:A] and that's it.

Further notes:

You will probably need a table like this: 

Error CodeResponsibleMail
1Person Aa@test.com
2Person Bb@test.com
3Person Cc@test.com

As soon as you have this, you can join the data together and you are good to go.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions or accept it as a solution if it helped 😃

Alex

JeffJeffrey
5 - Atom

Thank you in advance - I will check on this later and see how far I can get it to work.

Labels