Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Select a value from a table via Drop Down list

prasenjitc
5 - Atom

Hi,
I want a support. I want to create a drop down list from an input excel file. The file contains some conduit diameter and corresponding cross section values. My intension is to create a drop down list with the Diameter values of the conduit; when a user select any particular conduit diameter from the drop down list , the corresponding cross section value (‘Double’ type data) will be pushed into the program ,which later on will be used for some other calculation. But somehow, the cross section value could not be pushed to forward by selecting the diameter value from the drop down. Can somebody guide?

1 REPLY 1
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi!

This is a common missconception (your current app set-up), remembering the dropdown is presented to the user before they have even hit run then obviously the dropdown won't present the values in the file selected by the user!

HOWEVER, it is possible, take a look at 'chained apps' there's a few learning resources on the community on the subject 🙂

Ben

Labels