Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sampling Workflow with Input from App

DSchro
5 - Atom

Hi there!

I am currently trying to build a Alteryx app that helps me to pull samples from a population. Here are the key details:

The populations are within a folder, which is read by the workflow. Over the App I am telling the workflow, which Sheets needs to be read by the marco to get the populations of the single files into my workflow.

The populations look like this:

entity1.xlsx

CustomerCustomer IDAddress CustomerChange Date
Customer 1Customer ID 1Address 101.01.2019

entity2.xlsx

CustomerCustomer IDAddress CustomerChange DateUser ID
Customer 130Customer ID 130Address 13001.01.2019User ID1

Through the random sampling tool I pull a sample and write it to the "Sample_Output" Excel file. The Workflow looks like this:

Capture.PNG

When I start the app, the action boxes pops up and ask for the variables that need to be defined for the workflow to be run:

Capture.PNG

So my question at this point is, how can I display certain information of the population files in the app already. As the population differs in sizes, the size of my samples varies from workflow to workflow as well. So I will need the information, how many rows of data are actually in the population files as a sum.

Is that possible to have an output of the population size in the Designer so that I can decide, which sample size to choose?

I have attached the workflow below. Hopefully we can find a solution.

Thanks 😉

Daniel

2 REPLIES 2
Blake
12 - Quasar
DSchro
5 - Atom

Hi Blake,

that's what I was looking for! Thank you very much! 😉

Daniel

Labels