Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Result window to show macro result as well

VEDH
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I found the attached workflow in our community and I am using it in my original workflow. After the workflow is run the results window only shows result for BatchOrder.yxmd file. I wanted to know if I could get the results of the macro as well (the result when a macro is run separately) while running BatchOrder.yxmd

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @VEDH 

Are you able to show with screenshots what you mean, by the results in the macro that you need, but that dont show outside of the macro?

This may be a usecase for the message tool, where if you set a message type as high:

TheOC_0-1620837442318.png

It will display any layer above. For instance if I use it here:

TheOC_1-1620837533317.png

I am using an example of the City having [count].

Running the workflow will show me:

TheOC_2-1620837641716.png

I've attached that updated workflow. I'm not sure if it fully helps but it might give you an idea of how to fix your issue.

Hope this helps!
TheOC

Bulien
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I'm not sure I get what you are asking - the macro writes an output file and that output file will be step*Out.yxdb where * is whatever number was fed into the control parameter. that is the output of the macro. If you want to know what number is fed in - hook up a browse to your input data.

VEDH
8 - Asteroid

Hi @TheOC & @apathetichell,

The result window after running BatchOrder.yxmd = Current Output:

VEDH_0-1620896576671.png

The result window after running TestBatchOrderPriority.yxmc (macro) = Desired Output:

VEDH_1-1620896637783.png

I want all the messages from all 3 containers, including input and output connections.

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey @VEDH 

In runtime there's a setting to show all macro messages:

I believe this to be what you need

VEDH.png

Bulien
VEDH
8 - Asteroid

Hi @TheOC,

Lovely, this is what I needed.

Just 1 more small help please..

After enabling that into my original workflow and running it, I get below warning:

Record #1: Tool #12: Tool #83: No valid fields are selected

How do I check warning is on which tool? I even tried opening macro and running only container 1. However, this warning was not shown there.

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @VEDH 

You can pretty ctrl + F, and search for the tool number.

So you would simply type 12, and it should show you which tool this is. 

Does your workflow still run with this error? Or does it break it?

Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
VEDH
8 - Asteroid

Hi @TheOC,

It runs with the error.

That tool number 12 is data cleansing tool. Does that mean data cleansing tool is not working?

However, there was nothing in the input that data cleansing would clean. I have just used that tool to be on a safer side.

Cheers Mate! 

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @VEDH 
If it still runs, then its just a warning. 
I wouldn't worry about it, usually it occurs in a macro where the data you've used to setup the macro is different to the data you're inputting.

Cheers!
TheOC

Bulien
Labels