Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Export Package Macro

Harinder
7 - Meteor

Hi ,

I have created two Macros (first iterative macro API called by second standard macro) then I am calling the second macro in my workflow. I would like to export these macro as package but don't want to export the output file and the output path in the package. These macros are based on incremental or full refresh. It checks the maximum date in the file and append the new records/overwrite if it is incremental/full refresh. So, I want to use the shared output file instead of local path on each machine.

The output file is in my network shared path (\\shared\data\output\Data.yxdb), but when i tried to import the workflow as package even excluding the output file , it changes the output file path in the macro to local package installation path (for eg: _externals\1\Data.yxdb). Ideally I want to share this package workflow with the team so that anyone in the team can call these macros to update the records in shared folder. Is there any way to change this output file in the package?

Appreciate your advise.

Harinder_0-1620913411490.pngHarinder_1-1620913548295.png

Thanks

Harinder

3 REPLIES 3
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Harinder 

You can you try passing output file full path from a field. And use output tools change file path on field option to output it to the location.

atcodedog05_0-1620914262091.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Harinder 

It would be something like this. In this your output location will be dynamic and will output to the specified location.

atcodedog05_0-1620914823040.png

Let me know if this works 🙂

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Harinder 

Actually this is very similar to what I do at work. Basically we have a shared folder (on Box) where everyone in the team has access to.

So what we do is to organise the folder such that each "Workstream" has its own folder. And within each workstream folder, we have 3 subfolders for inputs/ outputs/ workflows. All the workflows, including macros, are saved in the "Workflows" subfolder. All inputs saved in the "inputs" subfolder and outputs saved in the "outputs" subfolder.

The key is to ensure that "Path dependency" is set to "Relative".

What we do is to send the workflows subfolder as zip files instead of export when we don't want to share the input files.

As long as your team follows the same folder structure  inputs/ outputs/ workflows. To enable more interactivity, you can add an app to allow the users to dynamically pick the input file(s) they want to run through the macros.

Hope this works for you.

Happy solving!

Dawn.

Labels