Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Replace

ksarker
7 - Meteor

Hello, 

How to solve this following issue - 

if Column A contain 123 then 

if Column B contain XYZ then -------------

Replace Column C into "Only EXP" 

11 REPLIES 11
TheUdbhav
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ksarker..
Hopefully I understand your question..
You can use calculated field to replace "Only "

Column C= IF [Column A]='123' and [Column B]='XYZ' THEN 'Only_EXP' ELSE '' ENDIF

ksarker
7 - Meteor

something is wrong on this equation i think else and endif doesn't go together. i tried it but get error. 

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @ksarker ,

@TheUdbhav 's formula seems to be correct.

Column C= IF [Column A]='123' and [Column B]='XYZ' THEN 'Only_EXP' ELSE '' ENDIF

Please make sure you use TWO quotations between ELSE and ENDIF, not one double-quotation.

Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1678749174877.png

For your reference, I attach the same workflow, which works on my PC.

Good luck.

ksarker
7 - Meteor

Thanks Yoshero but its didn't solve my last part of the problem. first two parts are ok then replace didn't work. if condition for column A and B are true then i want to replace entire column C into "EXP Only" and i am missing this replacement part. 

BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

@ksarker drag a formula tool onto the canvas. In the formula tool select the column "EXP Only". 

Use @Yoshiro_Fujimori 's logic:
IF contains([Column A],'123') and contains([Column B],'XYZ') THEN [Column C] ELSE '' ENDIF

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@ksarker Are you looking for something like this

binuacs_0-1678811646413.png

BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

@binuacs I think @ksarker has/wants a column called [Only EXP]. If those conditions are met, take the values from [Column C] and put them into the column [Only EXP]

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@BS_THE_ANALYST thank you, the requirement is confusing 😀

ksarker
7 - Meteor

My Question was if Column A = ABC then Column B= XYZ then replace anything from Column C into "EXP Only" (meaning how to update Column C for line 1 and 3 with "EXP Only")

Column AColumn BColumn C
ABCXYZ123
CHDGXYZ450
ABCXYZ458
Labels