Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Read All Excel Files From a Folder

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

Hi all, 

Can someone help me out with a Solution. I want to read all the Excel Files from a Folder at once. All the files have the Same Structure and has only one single Sheet named Report. I tried with a macro but the sheet name is not coming up. Please assist

3 REPLIES 3
SPetrie
12 - Quasar

If they all really have the same structure, setup a single data input tool to read one of the files with the correct sheet name, then change the name to a wildcard. Instead of c:\filelocation\yourfilename.xlsx make it c:\filelocation\*.xlsx

That should grab all files in that folder with an excel extension and open them up. 

If there are any errors about schema, then a macro would be your best option.

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @DataPirate26 

Dear , As @SPetrie said, If your all  xlsx file have same schema and only for one sheet name, you just use a wildcard to cover all xlsx file name in path by C:\abc\123\*.xlsx

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@DataPirate26 One way of doing this with the batch macro

binuacs_0-1663050414416.png

Labels