Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Random % Sample

jpolomsky
7 - Meteor

Hey guys,

just wondering, when dealing with random % sample,is there any way I can actually update the number as shown in the image, by first making a selection in a drop down option, or something like that?

Essentially,I am trying to change this number 10 to let say 15, if the user selects a different option. Suppose we are testing a risk and i can be low risk: 10 items selected, moderate risk:15 items selected, high risk:20 items selected. Is this even possible?

jpolomsky_0-1638953410851.png

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @jpolomsky ,

Yes you can do that with a dropdown interface tool. The dropdown will allow the user to select one of three options (Low, Med, High) and that will update the values in the % Random Sample tool to 10,15 or 20% respectively

AngelosPachis_0-1638954921370.png

I've set the generate rows tool to produce 100 records, so the output should be 10, 15 or 20 records, depending on the risk level you choose in this example.

Hope that helps,

Angelos

jpolomsky
7 - Meteor

Tthank you for response.

However, I am unable to open it due to different versions, however I can see on the image what you did. I have a follow up question if you will

1. blue tool used right before that, is that necesary tool to use? Or can my input simply be a file as it looks now?

2. Suppose your first criterium is the level of risk. Low:16, Moderate: 36 High : 54. However, depending on the popuation count (let says I have 30 invoices, but high level), I would let alteryx know that 1. Yes, risk is high, therefore select 54 items, however if the population is between 20-50 recordson high, select only 10, for example. Is there a possibility to do that?

Thank you again

jpolomsky
7 - Meteor

Hi @AngelosPachis , can you tell me which option did you use? 

jpolomsky_0-1638957060198.png

Many thanks

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @jpolomsky ,

What version of Alteryx are you using? Maybe I can change the version of the app so you can open it from your Designer instace.

Regarding your question:

1) The blue tool (generate rows tool) is not necessary. I just used it to create some random records, you can use your input instead

2) Not sure your question is clear to me. In your question, I thought we decided the level of risk based on a % number of records, not the absolute values. If you select high level of risk (i.e. 54%) and you have 20-50 records, the records you will get in the output is (0.54 x No.of records) rounded to the nearest integer.

This is how I configured the drop-down tool

AngelosPachis_0-1638958647299.png

and here's the actions tool

AngelosPachis_1-1638958662794.png

jpolomsky
7 - Meteor

Hi @AngelosPachis , this is great. Thank you very much! Have a great day

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Nice solution @AngelosPachis, I love the use of the aliases in the dropdown, passing in the respective numeric values!

Labels