Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Question on Vlookup

vrajgopal
7 - Meteor

I have question on how to do Vlookup  in Alteryx

In the attached workflow I have written a formula. The formula is giving the desired result but the if condition is increasing as data size is increasing.

I was hoping to solve the problem by using a vlookup which do the below steps.

Step 1 - In master sheet select “AP SALES OPERATIONS” in Column “End Customer Sales Org – Area”

Step 2 Take the country details from End Customer - Country (Text)

Step3 – Search for the country in lookup sheet in column “End Customer - Country (Text)”

Step4 – If found then take the details from “region” column

Step 5 – replace the details in column “End Customer Sales Org – Area” of master sheet with the data from “Region” column in lookup sheet.

Tried using “Find and Replace” and join but not getting the results I want.

Attaching the raw data and the lookup sheet I want to use.

Vishwanath

4 REPLIES 4
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @vrajgopal ,

you can use both the Join tool and the Find Replace tool to do the job. I've modified your workflow and added both approaches. Hope this is helpful.

Best,

Roland

vrajgopal
7 - Meteor

Hi Roland,

It worked for a small set of data. However when i used a large set it gave incorrect data.

For e.g country "Bahrain" already mapped to India in master sheet. After the workflow is completed it has bee remapped as "OTT" as per lookup sheet. 

I think it is skipping the first step of checking if it is "AP Sales Operation" in column “End Customer Sales Org – Area” .

I am trying to do a lookup only if it is AP Sales Operation in “End Customer Sales Org – Area”

Hope I am making sense.

I have attached a larger data set.

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @vrajgopal this workflow I think does what you're after:

OllieClarke_0-1578996446868.png

OllieClarke_0-1578996490553.png

Hope that helps,

Ollie

vrajgopal
7 - Meteor