Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pull in Current & Prior Month's Data Using Interface Tool

thenning
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find the best way to accomplish the following:

1. The user identifies the "Current Month" using the Interface tool
  2. Isolates the "Current Month" and "Prior Month"

For example, if I select February 2019, I want it to pull in February 2019's data for the "Current Month" and January 2019's data for the "Prior Month".

I'm not sure the order in which I need to do everything, which is why I believe I'm having problems.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-T

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The .csv file in your workflow is not included when you just attached the .yxmd file. I suggest exporting the workflow (Options>Export Workflow) to include this file, or use a Text Input tool to replicate the fields and values of this file so that we can better help with formulas. 

thenning
7 - Meteor

My apologies.  Please see the attached for the exported workflow.

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thanks for sharing the data. Check out the attached workflow and let me know if this works for you.

thenning
7 - Meteor

Hi @CharlieS,

So I've been working with the workflow you helped me build, but I have a follow-up question I'm hoping you can help me with.

The workflow you helped me to create uses the Interface tools to identify the current & prior months.  I'm wondering if there is any way that we can change the header row for the current & prior months so that they can be uniform for the "% Change" formula (see that attached example)?  Then, at the end of my workflow, I'll want to convert them back to the actual months (for reporting purposes).  

Is there any way that I can accomplish this?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Labels