Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Prompt user to enter 3 numbers in a workflow

Hali3
7 - Meteor

I'm working on a workflow that requires the user to enter 3 different numbers that i will then use to calculate a few fields in my workflow. Is this possible in Alteryx and if so how?

thank you

15 REPLIES 15
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @Hali3 

This is very possible, you will need to look at an analytical app, and using the interface tools to create this front-facing UI for your users!

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/analytic-apps

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/understanding-interface-tools

I'll build you a quick example

Bulien
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @Hali3 

Here is an example analytic app. I have it outputting to a CSV so you can easily see the output, you may need to change the location of this.
I set up 3 numeric fields within the formula tool:

TheOC_0-1603836321885.png

These are replaced with the values input from the numeric up/down (these can be configured if you need higher values than 0-100).

example output:

TheOC_1-1603836807679.png

Bulien
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Hali3 - The above are the right solutions for you. I'd also would like to recommend you to review the following interactive lessons: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Creating%2... 

Hali3
7 - Meteor

The file give me an error when i try to import it.  I tried adding the Action tool to my workflow and I'm having trouble configuring it. Ultimately, I want to be able to have it that it will do a number of calculations, then ask the user for a number in the middle of the workflow and then use that number to continue the calculations. 

1. How do I get Alteryx to ask users to input a number?

2. How do I get the Question to pop up when the user hits run?

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @Hali3 

requiring user input is something that the analytic app is perfect for. 

What error do you receive when trying to import my workflow?

Bulien
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @Hali3 

Heres an example of when i've clicked run:

TheOC_0-1603894293790.png

TheOC_1-1603894306194.png

TheOC_2-1603894317474.png

Bulien
Hali3
7 - Meteor

The error below is what I'm receiving when i try to open the file you gave me. To the right of the error is what i managed to create with the input box. But its not prompting me to enter an number 

Hali3_0-1603895129487.png

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @Hali3 

If you click "OK" when opening the workflow, and align the file location to the correct location, what does the workflow look like? does it run?

Bulien
Hali3
7 - Meteor

i think its because I'm using a older version of Alteryx. I think my issue is the formulas. So I've attached a simplified example. I want the workflow to ask for a number, if the number is 10 then the output should be YES, IF its not then the output should be NO.

Labels