Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Problem updating alteryx file inside an app

hilsiahr
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone 

i'm creating an app to clean some fields and also validate fields

As a first step i created a workflow in which I can select the file i need to clean (these files change the field names)

hilsiahr_0-1674670862853.png

If this workflow has a success I connect a second workflow which first I read the file exported on the first workflow and then I need to select the fields to update the unique

hilsiahr_1-1674670986502.png

The thing is that this second workflow when I run it as an app the file is not updated and on the list I have the fields from the previous file it's just after I run it as a workflow that the file shows updated

this is the config for my action button

hilsiahr_2-1674671152354.pnghilsiahr_3-1674671167268.png

thank you

1 REPLY 1
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

I'm fairly new to interface tools, so I hope this works:

In your second screenshot, change the anchor going out of the Input Data YXDB file, to use the lightight bolt on top of the tool, connecting it to your List Box tool.  For me, this retrieves the fields dynamically from the "current structure" of the YXDB file, as found when the app is run.

Chris

Labels