Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Pasting results into specific new ranges every week and month

Alayna
8 - Asteroid

Hi there,

I'm developing a workflow for our insurance invoice team where they download excel exports, do a bunch of data manipulation, and copy and paste the results to a summary file for FY21. The summary file has tabs for each month that shows the grand total breakdown each week. I'm trying to develop a workflow that will pull the file name from the invoice load, because it usually incudes the date in yy/mm/dd format. Then I'll parse it and output it to a sheet name, so "210108" will paste into January 2021 tab. 

The issue is that I'm not sure how Alteryx will paste it into a specific range? How can I get Alteryx to recognize that for the current week, create a new column next to last weeks and not overwrite anything. And for each new month, is it possible to create the new tab and populate the column, or do I need to create a template with all the months first? 

Alayna_0-1619564059980.png

4 REPLIES 4
Alayna
8 - Asteroid

Or even just an idea of a tool I could use to paste in a certain range, even if it's not exactly the format.

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Alayna 

You can use the "Overwrite Sheet or Range" option at Output Data tool.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1619671502852.png

But it is not easy to dynamically place the result.

Alteryx don't automatically recognize the optimal place.

I think it would be easier to rebuild everything.

Alayna
8 - Asteroid

Hi Akima,

Yes I knew about overwriting ranges but thought there was to dynamically do it. I'll tell the team they'll have to copy and paste each time. Thanks for the help!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Alayna 

I think if you want it to be dynamic, so we have to do it all in-all out way.

Meaning read the data you want to append to besides to, then do the calculation then output them all.
It would be better if I could have further developt the flow of yours, but I find it difficult to connect the flow and the snapshot.

Anthem Workflow.PNG

Labels