Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi- row Formula - alphabetical order

bakaidora
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

I have a question regarding the Multi-row Formula tool.

Before the Multi-row Formula, the data are in the required order but when I use the Multi-row Formula tool, the tool order them into alphabetical order.

Can you please help me how could I get back the required order after using the Multi-row Formula tool?

Thanks you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @bakaidora 

Could you share your workflow, or at least the print of it and the print of the configuration of the Multi-row formula tool? The Multi-row Formula does not change the order of the rows with the default configuration, i would like to see why this is happening for you.

But if this is happening, i would try to find a way to use the record Id tool before and order by the record Id after the Multi-row.

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1665834631597.png

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Are you using the group by option of the multi row tool, right? It is really necessary to use it in your case? If not, just uncheck it.

Solved: Re: Multi-row formula changes sorting - Alteryx Community

Felipe_Ribeir0_1-1665834871778.png

bakaidora
8 - Asteroid

@Felipe_Ribeir0 

Yes I need to use the group by function:

bakaidora_0-1665835879322.png

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @bakaidora 

Ok, looking at your config, i think that you can adapt the attached workflow to reorder it using tile tool before + order by after the multi row.

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1665836228354.png

bakaidora
8 - Asteroid

@Felipe_Ribeir0thanks, this was the solution, just one hint, I needed to activate this box, as well.

bakaidora_0-1665837288713.png

Labels