Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Missing columns causing workflwo to stop

StephenT
8 - Asteroid

Hi all

I have a workflow that I run to list all staff leaving the Firm, which lists all assets (e.g. laptop or Macbook) assigned to them, and ultimately send them emails.

I am having a problem with 1 section where I have to list all ServiceNow tickets logged for each asset. Most weeks there are only 1 asset per departer (attached Test_Ticket 1.xlsx), occasionally there are 2 (or more) assets per departer (attached Test_Ticket 2.xlsx) so multiple ticket have to be logged.

I use a combination of "Transpose" and "Cross tab" tools to list both ticket numbers in the one field (see screenshot)

StephenT_0-1637474583139.png

Is there a way in Alteryx to say if "Ticket # 2" column does not exist then carry on with the workflow using "Ticket # 1", but if "Ticket # 2" field does exist then run the formula to 'join' the 2 (or more) ticket numbers (below) and continue the workflow ?

StephenT_1-1637474710420.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated/

2 REPLIES 2
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @StephenT ,

you can easily do that with a transpose and summarize tools:

Untitled.png

Regards

StephenT
8 - Asteroid

Thanks.

After a tweak or 2 (to add the partyID) your solution solved my issue.

Greatly appreciate your quick response -  i will "accept as solution" and "like".

Labels