Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Merging a certain set of rows that matches a criteria into one single row

SCK
8 - Asteroid

Hi All. I am trying to build a workflow that would merge a certain set of rows that matches a criteria into one single row. I have attached a dummy input and desired output. Any help would really appreciate. 

18 REPLIES 18
SCK
8 - Asteroid

I am unable to import the workflow because of a version error. Could you help me fix it please. My version is 2019.3 x64 

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

Reattached, please try.

SCK
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for providing the solution, I was able to open it. However, my main concern is that I want to merge the subject, passing marks and difference column on the basis of Name. like my output file (attached below)

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

@SCK — Hope the attached workflow will be helpful.

And, you may would like to read this Alteryx won't merge cells, but you could use a multi-row formula to blank out the value if it's the ... 

vizAlter_0-1598703391095.png

If this post assists in resolving the question, please mark it "Like", or "Solved" if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

SCK
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for sharing the document and solution. I tried using the steps outlined in the document, however, I am still not able to achieve the result I desired.

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

What is missing apart from Merging cells like in MS Excel?

Please provide your files which you tested.

SCK
8 - Asteroid

I got everything using the solution your provided except for the merging cells, which was a huge help. Thank you. Will you be able to build the merge cells too please?

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

As I have mentioned in my previous reply --->> And, you may would like to read this Alteryx won't merge cells, but you could use a multi-row formula to blank out the value if it's the ... 

Hope the link is helpful in your case.

If this post assists in resolving the question, please mark it "Like", or "Solved" if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

SCK
8 - Asteroid

This did help clarifying my doubt. Thanks so much, really appreciate your help!

Labels