Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Lookup previous records within time range

justinirizarry
7 - Meteor

Hi community! I am having a hard time solving a problem in Alteryx.

I am working with leads data as shown in the attached file.

For each entry (lead), I am trying to determine if there is a duplicate lead contained in the data set in the previous 60 days. A duplicate lead would be identified as one that has the same full name and email.

I initially thought I could use the multi-row formula with a conditional statement to solve this, but I can't seem to figure it out. Then I thought about created a new field that calculates a date 60 days prior to to the lead date, and using that with the Unique tool, but still no dice.

Any help would be appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hello @justinirizarry

This is a situation where one of my favorite tools, the Tile tool, can be used. I have attached a solution below. Let me know if you have any questions. 

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You could also use Multi-Row tool (grouping by First Name, Last Name, and Email) to calculate the difference between dates - see attached example! Allows you to calculate values between two records in a row to determine the days between them, and then you could filter out those that are within the 60 day range. Hope that helps provide some options!

Cheers,

NJ

justinirizarry
7 - Meteor

Thank you!

Labels