Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

List Box to choose email recipients

JFurda
8 - Asteroid

I'm attempting to build functionality into an existing workflow. My workflow runs on a server and is scheduled. It is creating a report and sending it out to a list of email recipients. That piece is working just fine. 

I would like to add functionality for when the app is run manually to allow a user to select the email recipients from a list (text input, already in the workflow)

My text input looks like this:

Recipient
1Email01

Email02

3Email03
4Email04

I Summarize/Concatenate those into a single field comma separated value that goes into the recipient field of the email tool. 

I've attempted multiple options to limit the list that gets concatenated, but none of them have worked. The "must have" is that the full list of recipients must be passed to get concatenated when the flow is run without external input. Does anyone have any thoughts? 

5 REPLIES 5
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @JFurda I mocked up a workflow that should produce the output you described. Let me know what you think?

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Hi @JFurda 

Here's an option you can explore. The List box will generate a custom list that can be used in an IN operator which then updates a Filter tool that's staged with a placeholder value that the action tool replaces.

jrgo_0-1572649574160.png

JFurda
8 - Asteroid

With your foundation, I got it to work! I had to modify it slightly, but it certainly does what I need it to do now. Thank you. 

JFurda
8 - Asteroid

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @JFurda @JosephSerpis 

I like your solution.  Note:  The CrossTab replaces special characters in the email addresses with underscores eg. @ and . become _

Downstream, after transposing the selected fields into values, a join by recordID will be required to bring back the email addresses into the flow.

Labels