Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Limit Number of List Box Selections

A1
7 - Meteor

I'd like to present the user 2 list boxes full of values (say store locations). I want to limit the user to exactly 5 choices within one list box and no more than 50 in the other. I'm not finding any configuration option or posting describing how this can be done. Is this even possible? If so, how?

I'm not locked in to using a list box if there is another method that will allow me to present the user with values and configure a limit to the number of selections to exactly, or no more than, X choices.

Being somewhat new to Alteryx, it would help me if you could please include a sample workflow and/or screen captures with suggestion.

2 REPLIES 2
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @A1, no this isn't possible.

I would make it clear that you want at most N number of responses.

You can then use the 'Error Message' tool which would connect to your list box to check if this condition is not met, and then pass the message 'you have made too many choices' back to the user.

https://help.alteryx.com/current/Error.htm

Ben

A1
7 - Meteor

Thanks, Ben. Happy to know I didn't overlook something fairly obvious. It would seem to me that such a limitation should be a property of list box so outside error checking is not needed.

Labels