Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issue With Week Numbers

briankuhlmann
8 - Asteroid

A report I run must have weeks of the month numbered,

Example:

weeks.PNG

I am getting this by using:

weekform.PNG

Then Summarizing

weeksumm.PNG

Record ID to get my Week Number

weeknum.PNG

Then finally a formula to create the requested format. 

I thought everything was good until it was called out that for August, Alteryx was including the 1st (Saturday) and the 2nd (Sunday) in Week 1 and starting Week 2 with Monday Aug 3.

Is there a way to make sure weeks are counted Sun-Sat?

4 REPLIES 4
JWS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@briankuhlmann quick clarification here. Do you want to display August 1st (2020-08-01) as week number 1. Asking because if you use the DateTimeFormat([Date],'%U') or DateTimeFormat([Date],'%W') it will consider the start day of the week as Sunday or Monday respectively.

The week number in these formulas is based on the week number in the year and not the month - Correct me if I am wrong here but it looks like you want to create the week number based on the month?

Issue with Week Numbers .PNG

briankuhlmann
8 - Asteroid

Basically I need 

8/1 - Week 1

8/2 - 8/8 - Week 2

8/9 - 8/15 - Week 3

8/16 - 8/22 - Week 4

8/23 - 8/29 - Week 5

8/30 - 8/31 - Week 6

I understood that /w% would give me weeks of the year number and that's fine because I could convert that. I was just surprised it was putting 8/1 and 8/2 in the same week and starting the new week on a Monday, 8/3.

My weeks need to be Sun-Sat. 

markcurry
12 - Quasar

Hi @briankuhlmann 

Attached is a workflow that will generate the Week Numbers for you, can you join those dates with the dates in your data.  

Hopefully that helps.

briankuhlmann
8 - Asteroid

Thanks!

Labels