Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interpolation

StephenMack
10 - Fireball

I have a dataset with lat/lon information. My problem is that I have multiple duplicate entries and would like to interpolate between them.

For instance say I have 1000 unique GPS points, but 10,000 recorded data points (associated with other unique information that updated faster than GPS when collecting).

It's not always a fixed amount of points between unique GPS points so it has to be somewhat of a dynamic solution. I can probably write a C# or python script to handle it and run it externally from the run command, but that's a pretty ugly solution, is there a way to handle it within alteryx?

I was thinking multi-line formula, but the fact that there are different numbers of duplicates in a row is throwing me off.

12 REPLIES 12
jbh1128d1
10 - Fireball

I'm getting zero's for some reason.  I'll keep plugging.  Thank you for helping. 

MAAbdullahAlMubarah
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @NicoleJohnson  for your valuable post, now if we have the opposite case, let's say there is (GPS OFF) and back again on, how can we find the missing coordinates e.g.: (missing n points) and display it again on the map from the data when the GPS off? 
I don't have data but if possible can you simulate it from the original data available in this post?

StephenMack
10 - Fireball

So you lat/lon would have gaps in it? That's essentially what my data set looked like but instead of dropping in NULLs the software I was using simply used the last good GPS point.

So if you use a multi-line tool and say something like

if isNull([this lat]) then [this lat: -1] else [this lat] endif

so you would fill in the gaps with the last known good GPS point. From there the above solution should work for you.

Labels