Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input Multiple Excel Files

vandecx17
5 - Atom

I am trying to input multiple excel files using an input path that is "folder name"\*.xlsx and am getting the schema error attached. All of the files only have one sheet named "Sheet1". Attached are a sample of the files I am trying to upload.

4 REPLIES 4
AlexBibin
8 - Asteroid

These four files that you attached to the question get read fine in my designer

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @vandecx17 ,

This is happening due to a different format in a specific column. Since some columns are blank, it is reading as text where it should be a number.

I suggest you to lock all the columns as text and change to number in Alteryx.

Best,

Fernando V.

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @vandecx17, looking at the screenshot in the word doc., it looks you are pulling in the file B_2_0_Rates_2020_Feb.xlsx which has the tab 'b20 MASTER' which I am guessing has a different data structure than the other 4 files you shared with us.

Typically if one is looking to read multiple files from a given folder using the normal input tool, Alteryx assumes all files being read have the same structure. But in the event you have different structures across files, you could create a macro and select the option from View>>Interface Designer Tools>> Select the Option shown in the image below:  

1.png

I have also attached a sample solution for your ready reference. Please mark this post as solution accepted if it answers your question.

vandecx17
5 - Atom

Thank you, Fernando! How would I lock all the columns as text and change to number in Alteryx?

Labels