Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Identify most common value and use that value to filter out non common values

crtakacs
8 - Asteroid

I have a set of data that includes 'End Time'. The majority of the data will have a common 'End Time' value but each day that I run the report there will typically be a few outliers with a different 'End Time' that I want to exclude. But the non-common 'End Time' values will always vary in value.

Is there a way I can identify what the most common 'End Time" value is and then use that value to say all the data I want to include must equal that most common 'End Time'?

I thought about using the Summary tool. So in this case I only want to include data that has a EndTime of 2020-04-10 since it is the most common value. But I'm not sure how to go from here and identify data with this common value. 

crtakacs_0-1586389626468.png

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @crtakacs ,

I'm attaching an example showing how to do it with summarizing and sample.

fmvizcaino_0-1586390363782.png

Let me know if this works for you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Blake
12 - Quasar

Hi @crtakacs

You can use the attached workflow. I used the summarize tool like you did in your example, sorted in descending order, sampled the first record, and appended it to all records. I think this is what you're trying to do. Please note the setup of the embedded select tool on the append fields. You use it to drop off your original (source) End Time field and select/rename the new End Time field that is the most common one. 

Blake_0-1586390578097.png

Let me know if this works for you! 

Blake

Labels