Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

I need the Output to have 2 places in the result

KSassone
8 - Asteroid

My output field needs to have an extra number inserted for 1 digit numbers - i.e. I need "01" to be reported instead of "1", e.g.:

Where I have the Data Preview showing "30E1"  I need it to show "30E01".  I tried the ,2 to indicate places, but it returned an error in the Preview.

KSassone_0-1582041603990.png

Any direction, very much appreciated !

4 REPLIES 4
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @KSassone,

You could use the PADLEFT() function.

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

KSassone
8 - Asteroid

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you - I entered as two formula lines on the formula tool - and while the Data Preview indicates the two places, the Output is still one place.

KSassone_0-1582043255393.png

KSassone_1-1582043420547.png

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @KSassone,

Can you replace the third line of your first formula with the formula you have in the bottom expression window? You will only need your top expression, however you need to change the third line.

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Regards,

Jonathan

KSassone
8 - Asteroid

That worked !!  Thank you so much !!  I will accept this as a solution !

Thanks !!

Labels