Inspire EMEA 2022 On-Demand is live! Watch now, and be sure to save the date for Inspire 2023 in Las Vegas next May.

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer and Intelligence Suite.

Hyperlink a website

znooredeen002
7 - Meteor

I want to create a "more information" column that has a simple hyperlink to a section of the IRS website. For example the presentation would be:

More Information

Charity

I would want to be able to click the charity link and go to the IRS website that I specify. I've tried researching, but it seems there are more links for parsing and creating website links. The final output is going to an excel sheet.

Is this possible?

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @znooredeen002 

Yes, this is possible using the Reporting tools to render an Excel file with the formatting you requested. 

Use a Report Text tool's Link function to create a link field with the displayed text and URL you desire. This new layout field with the link can be use by other reporting tools (like the Table tool) to render the Excel file you desire. Check out the attached workflow for an example using Alteryx Community usernames and let me know if you have any questions.

lbarney003
5 - Atom

Is there a way of changing the formatting of the hyperlink text? For example, removing the underline and changing the text color from Blue to Red.

Labels