Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to use Do While with interactive variable

Hi guys,

First of all, thanks for taking some time to help me. The thing is, I have a VBA process that I wish to put in Alteryx, it is a combination of Do While and interactive variables. I'll try to explain what the code is doing:

I have a series of products wich I need to calculate if there is a risk of expiring, however I have more than one expire date for the same product, so I have to sum the days that each lot takes to sell.

Here's na example:

SKU | Expire date | Days to expire | Days to sell all | Tile_Num | Tile_SequenceNum

1111   2021-05-01     32 days               30 days              1                          1

1111   2021-06-01     42 days               20 days              1                          2

1112   2021-04-15     16 days               50 days              2                          1

1112   2021-04-30     31 days               50 days              2                          2

The risk of the Tile_Num = 1, Tile_SequenceNum = 2 to expire is (30 + 20) - 42. Using the item's forecast I'm able to estimate how many we will loose. 

So I have 2 problems to adapt this code:

1) How can I store the days that Tile_Num = 1, Tile_SequenceNum = 1 took to sell to calculate the risk of the Tile_Num = 1, Tile_SequenceNum = 2?

2) How can I create a interactive variable to know when to change for the next Tile_Num?

Thank you all!

1 REPLY 1
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @CarolinaSacramento 

I hope I'm understanding this correctly, but I believe the multi-row formula tool or running total are what you're looking for. I created a formula that will calculate the total amount of days to sell, and both tools allow a 'group by' where you can select SKU to make sure the total resets itself for the next item. 

Hopefully this helps

Luke_C_1-1617195942398.png

Labels