Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
SOLVED

How to connect the list box for selecting the filed to use in multi-field formula

Boontida
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

Referring to the topic: Solved: Multiple CONTAINS filter in Analytic App using Tex... - Alteryx Community , I have the problem on the connecting the list box to the multi-field formula in order to build the list box interface of list column in which the user is able to choose the field (or column) for use in multi-field formula.

Boontida_2-1636402711623.png

From the picture above, I put the expression into the action and set the list box for select field as follows:

Boontida_1-1636402632804.png

Boontida_0-1636403459991.png

However, the output of  new_selectcolumn does not show the result. In other words, the column of new_selectcolumn due to multi-field formula shows only "0".

Could you have any idea to fix this problem?

Thank you very much.

4 REPLIES 4
AZuc
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Boontida , I'm not sure I understood your problem.

But it looks you want to apply a formula to a subset of fields. Take a look in the attached example. I assumed the fields for the formula would be numeric.

André Zuccatti

Sales Engineer - LATAM -
Alteryx, Inc.

Boontida
6 - Meteoroid

Dear  @AZuc

Thank you very much for your help.

However, I can't open your file. There was an error opening "DynamicMultiFieldFormula.yxwz".

Could you please re-attached again ?

Thank you very much again.

AZuc
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Boontida , what is the error message?

The WF is this

AZuc_0-1636407919851.png

André Zuccatti

Sales Engineer - LATAM -
Alteryx, Inc.

Boontida
6 - Meteoroid

Dear @AZuc 

The error message is about the version of Alteryx; however, now I can open your file.

I think your workflow is the great idea. This can be applied for my workflow in order to avoid the problem above.

Thank you very much.  I really appreciate it.

Labels