Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to Pass Dynamic Date value to MongoDB table

mrammail
5 - Atom

Hello Everyone!

I am using MongoDB Input Tool to connect the MongoDB database. And I want to pass the date value to the table in the Input Tool Dynamically. And the date column showing as String, but I want to pass the date value as the date format. I tried using the JSON format but it works for one value by hardcoding. But I want to pass this dynamically by selecting the value from another stored table.

1. MongoDB Input Tool

2. Pass the date as a dynamic Input

3. Extract the records from the MongoDB table based on this date value

Please share your thoughts, I would appreciate your help on this matter.

Thanks

Ramachandran

4 REPLIES 4
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@mrammail can you try to use the Dynamic Input tool to pass through the dynamic SQL?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Modifying-SQL-Query-using-the-Dynam...

mrammail
5 - Atom

Hello RishiK,

Thanks for your response. This will work for general database connections. But I am looking for MongoDB connection. Please check the attached image. I want to pass the 20200911 as dynamically.

Thanks

Ram

Spoiler
MongoDB.png
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@mrammail ah I get you now. You can update these parameters via the Interface tools. I knocked up a quick example:

RishiK_0-1606037845810.png

You can then run your workflow as an app in Designer:

RishiK_1-1606037902073.png

or on Server if you have Alteryx Server

mrammail
5 - Atom

Thank you. I will check this further and let you if any questions.

Labels