Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How can I edit data for a single field entry?

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

My data has a few dollar entries that need to be corrected for a given year's spend.  The original data is embedded deep within an XML file, so I can't correct it there.  How can I do this within the workflow?  My output is typically a Tableau TDE file.  And, I would prefer not to have an interim Excel export/import step or two.  Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
danrh
13 - Pulsar

If you know the exact entries you need, you could use a Filter, Formula, then Union.  The filter grabs just the record you're correcting, the formula makes the change, and the Union adds it back to your data.  Unfortunately you'd need to repeat this process in your flow for every correction you needed to make:

image.png

Alternately, you could make a large IF statement in a formula:

image.png

Or, if you have the list of corrections, do it through a join:

image.png

A lot depends on your actual data, but hopefully this gets you going in the right direction.

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Thanks.  It totally worked.  

Labels