Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Holiday Schedule - Extracting data

Misslady
7 - Meteor

I have my holiday and weekend schedule on a excel worksheet but I'm having some difficulty working out the logic. The workflow I have attached exacts information the day after the holiday or the weekend for the holiday or the weekend period (on Monday data is extracted for Friday, Sat and Sunday, or the day after the holiday the data is extracted for the holiday and the day before the holiday). What I need is something similar but on Monday data is extracted for Friday only, and on Tuesday data is extracted for Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. If the holiday falls on a Monday then the data for Friday - Monday is extracted on Tuesday. If the holiday falls on a Tuesday then the data for Sat, Sun, Mon and Tues is extracted on Wednesday. Data is extracted 1 day in arrears for every other day. 

1 REPLY 1
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @Misslady !

I have attached a solution that I hope will work for you - I took a similar approach, relying on the Multi-Row tool, but I simplified it a bit and found a trick to get your To and From dates for each weekday where data will be pulled. I figured out that all you really need is to keep the dates that are not holidays or weekends, since those are the only days you'll be running this workflow on. The From date is the prior "valid" date where you could pull data, i.e. not a holiday or weekend, and the To date is +1 day from yesterday's From date. Once you have the To and From dates, you can use a Generate Rows tool to fill in the blanks, and then a filter at the end to identify those dates you should be pulling based on today's date. There might be additional tweaking needed - for the first day of your data set, or the last day, depending on how the logic plays out - but I think this will get you close!

HolidaysAndWeekends Logic.JPG

Hopefully this example helps you out!

Cheers,

NJ

Labels