Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula Help

CSWG-Tax
5 - Atom

I'm trying to complete a relatively routine formula but cannot get it to work. I've done all of the difficult work to seperate the data and assign categories but I am struggling to get it all together in a cohesive excel sheet to use for reporting purposes. 

The purpose of this workflow is to take the each Category, for example "SmokingOunces" and simply add the corresponding "Ounces" and "Credit OZ" columns together to get a total. This would then have to be done for each category, smoking units, smokeless ounces, smoking units with their respective units/ounces columns. 

It seems relatively simple, but I cannot get the formula to work no matter what I do. Any help is greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @CSWG-Tax 

I added a data cleansing tool. The formulas aren't working properly because in many cases you're trying to add a number and a null value. You'll need to make the nulls show as 0 in order to be considered properly.

CSWG-Tax
5 - Atom

Such a simple fix.. Thank you very much for your help!

Labels