Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Fill in Rows with Data in an Existing Field

crazybeauti_ful
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I know multi-row formula tool should work but I tried everything and nothing works. Help please!!

In the sample below, I'd like to replace all non-date values with the date below them so that all values that start with BR should be replaced with 2022-May-01 and all values that start with GB should be replaced with 2022-May-02.

Sample

ID

BR12345

BR23456

BR34567

BR45678

BR56789

2022-May-01

GB98765

GB87654

GB76543

GB65432

GB54321

2022-May-02

Appreciate all the help!

Thank you,

crazybeauti_ful

5 REPLIES 5
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@crazybeauti_ful 
Since the multi-row formula is looking up from top to bottom, therefore we need to do a reverse first with grouping.

0713-crazybeauti_ful.PNG

DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @crazybeauti_ful really interesting problem - fill down is really straightforward but I've never had to deal with fill up before! The following works for your example. How do you get on applying it to a wider dataset? This also relies on records where there is a date being in the YYYY-Month-DD format, so let me know if that differs!

DataNath_0-1657667808342.png

crazybeauti_ful
8 - Asteroid

hi Qiu,

super thank you! appreciate your help!! :)

- crazybeeauti_ful

crazybeauti_ful
8 - Asteroid

thank you, DataNath!! amazing to see various solutions to the same problem!

much appreciated!

-- crazybeauti_ful

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@crazybeauti_ful 
Glad to be helpful.

Labels