Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

File not found when using Desktop Automation

lindberghm
5 - Atom

I am running into the following error when I schedule the workflow with Desktop Automation. It appears that it is unable to find the file which is stored on my local drive and synced with Google Stream. The "available offline" option is enabled. 

The workflow works when I manually run but run into errors using Automation.

I tested it with the workflow and data files stored on the desktop and in the synced folder. I have selected to run a copy of the workflow in the DB and on the original disk location.

The files are CSVs. The folder path does not have any special characters but does have spaces.

Any suggestions?

Other details:

Alteryx version: 2019.3

lindberghm_1-1579912909558.png

3 REPLIES 3
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @lindberghm,

Did you check the configuration on the scheduler? Are you running on it with a different user?

Sometimes the problem seems to be caused by these aspects

Regards

lindberghm
5 - Atom

That appears to have resolved the issue. Thanks for the suggestion.

In case others search for the same problem, or I forget how to resolve it. Here are the specific steps to resolve. 🙂

Open Designer, Go to Options --> Advanced options --> System settings.

Once you're there, try putting your own credentials in there

lindberghm_2-1580237048466.png

Ayushree
5 - Atom

Hi, 

I am facing the same issue. 

Would you be able to guide me on how I can get the credentials to fill when I run as a different user?

Thanks!

Labels