Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Export does not find any dependencies and hits an error

AdamSt
7 - Meteor

I'm trying to export my analytic app but the dependencies section comes up blank when there should be many input files, macros, and output files listed.  If I try to do the export anyways I hit an error

Export failed

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

When I go to Options --> Advanced Options --> Workflow Dependencies I see 50 total instances showing up.  If I hit the Test button all show up red (this seems bugged because many of the red ones I have verified are the correct path and exist at those paths) except for 1 dependency  which shows up green. However, if I then hit "Show Individual Tools" most then turn green.

Any ideas on what the issue might be?  

I tried copying my alteryx code into a new workflow/analytic app but still hit the same issue.  I have other analytic apps that I have opened up during the same session that are working fine, its just one app that is hitting this issue.

I have also tried restarting Alteryx designer and restarting my computer but the issue remains.

1 REPLY 1
AdamSt
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

I figured out the issue I was having.  The issue was that one of my output reports path+filename was > 255 characters long.  After I changed this to be <= 255 characters the export functionality then worked correctly. I am posting this solution incase anyone else runs into the same problem.

Labels