Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excel .xlsb Files in 2018.1

pliskers_dup_528
7 - Meteor

I've seen references to the fact that Alteryx Developer 2018.1 (I'm using the non-Admin version) is able to recognize Excel's .xlsb file format as a data input source.  However, I don't see that format in the dropdown list of available data files, and choosing any other source I've tried doesn't recognize the xlsb files either.

How does one use an Excel .xlsb format file as a data source in Alteryx Developer 2018.1?

10 REPLIES 10
pliskers_dup_528
7 - Meteor

Replying to my own message because I found, via another posting, that to recognize Excel .xlsb files, you must have a Microsoft driver installed for Access 2010.  I found the driver here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

Once installed, the xlsb files will appear in the list of All Data Sources when adding a new input.

Alteryx, this should be more clearly communicated - I've seen a lot of posts from users who were eager for this feature.

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @pliskers_dup_528

You'll need to make sure that you have the correct Access driver installed as specified in the Supported Data Sources page within Help section.

Please let me know whether this makes a difference.

Thanks

Michal

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

30s too late :)

pliskers_dup_528
7 - Meteor

Yes, that worked for me.  I was under the initial impression that the xlsb files would simply be recognized by Alteryx without the installation of other software.  Problem solved.  Thanks for the quick reply.

johnzrgu75
7 - Meteor

Just want to follow up if server side can read xlsb as well.

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Yes, the same is true for the server as long as the correct driver is available on the server infrastructure.

Bhatnagar_ayush
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am using Alteryx 2019.1 and facing the same issue after installing Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010. Is there a change in method for this alteryx version?

Thanks,

Ayush

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Bhatnagar_ayush 

Nothing has changed with regards to xlsb files in 2019.1 (See the supported data sources for 2019.1 here). Assuming you have the correct driver installed (it can be downloaded here), it should work.

Michal

Sri9
8 - Asteroid

Thanks

Labels