Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error saying that R4.0.5 is not installed on my system

CHarrison
8 - Asteroid

Hi :)

I am currently trying to get the Predictive tools up & running on my computer but seem to be running into trouble...

When I try and run the example workflow for the ETS tool, I'm getting a bunch of errors about how R is not installed on my system (screenshot: R Version.png)

But when I try and install R 4.0.5 on my computer, I get an error about how R is already installed on this system (screenshot: R Version 2.png)

Please can someone assist me if they ran into this trouble as well?

Thanks,

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
Jeremy
8 - Asteroid

Check that R is installed in your Alteryx program folder.  I'm using the non-admin install, so my installation is located in %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Alteryx\R-4.0.5  Yours maybe in Program Files\Alteryx\R-4.0.5

This is the R installation Alteryx uses for predictive tools, not the usual Windows installation of R.  If you don't see it there, try removing predictive tools and re-installing.  Make sure you're using the correct version of the installer.  If you have the normal version (Admin version), make sure to install the same version of predictive tools.  If you're using the non-admin install like I am, make sure to use that version of the predictive tools installer.  Screenshot from the downloads page attached.

To find out which version of Alteryx you're using, go to Help -> About and look at the top of the window where I've highlighted Non-Admin on the screenshot.

CHarrison
8 - Asteroid

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your advice! I was using the Admin version on my system so I downloaded the Non-Admin version of Alteryx along with the Non-Admin predictive tools and it seems to work as long as I don't use the Admin version anymore :)

Thanks for your help!

Labels