Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error in Alteryx Gallery

becca51178
5 - Atom

I have a workflow that I run on my desktop app with no issues. When I try to run it from the gallery I get this error

Controller Error.PNG

Now when I run it from the desktop app the error doesn't happen. It's only when I run it from the gallery. I have tried every way to fix the formula and nothing is working. This is what I have now that is still throwing an error. All I want to do is have the formula look at a number column which is currently formatted as Double and if it is more than 10M then it says "Greater than 10M"

I have tried several variations that doesn't have "To String" in front of it. The output is a VW_String format. I am not sure what else to do. 

Error Example 1.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @becca51178 

assuming that your [CCy1...] field is a numeric, you dont need a tostring output. your "greater than 10m" is a string, and null() is a valid output for a string. 

TheOC_0-1603839691196.png

Heres a quick example with a formula that works

Bulien
becca51178
5 - Atom

I made the change but it's still throwing the error. 

This just started. I had no issues with these workflows running on the gallery and now all of a sudden they keep getting throwing errors on this formula. Its just bizarre. 

Error2.PNG

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@becca51178 your CCY1 GL Ending Balance value may currently be a string and therefore trying to compare it to a number will throw an error. Can you change it to ToNumber([CCY1 GL Ending Balance (ABS)]) in your formula

Labels