Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error: Failed to send to one or more recipients

Clandmann
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am trying to use the email tool to send updates to a number of recipients.

In practicing to set up my email tool, I had successfully sent two different emails to myself using Alteryx. I had not changed anything in the workflow, but I receive an error "Failed to send to one or more recipients" when trying to run the workflow.

Is there some sort of firewall that I am unable to pass?

Thank you in advance for the help! 😄 

4 REPLIES 4
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Clandmann 

Are you able to share your workflow? Can you also provide a screenshot of the setup of your email tool (with confidential info either removed for blacked out.) This will help the community to better troubleshoot what could be causing the issue you are facing.

As for a firewall, depending on the mail server you are using, you may be required to be on a specific network or VPN to access that mail server.

Thanks!
TrevorS

Community Moderator
Bilbottom
7 - Meteor

I had to use the STARTTLS encryption for this to work -- worth testing

Aparnadevij
5 - Atom

I'm getting the same error after 2-3 successful emails. Did you get any solution for this?

n8rushton
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

If it is semi-working then this sounds like an email-domain format issue. Maybe double check the input for the email field such as putting through a trim() and making sure it contains both an @ and a . .

Likewise, if the sample is small, try and grab the record where the email didn't send, and try to send the email to that person manually to see if there are issues.

Labels