Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Encrypting

benvanrompaey
5 - Atom

Hi,

Is it possible to partially encrypt a workflow?

I have a flow that I would like to protect, however, some users should have the flexibility to update/maintain certain parts of the flow without being able to amend the core.

Thanks for your help

5 REPLIES 5
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @benvanrompaey ,

It is possible to encrypt a workflow or a macro as image below.

fmvizcaino_1-1574872739431.png

So the idea is for you to develop a part of your workflow as a macro and then encrypt it.

Best,

Fernando V.

CoreyS
8 - Asteroid

@fmvizcaino 

When using the HELP/ABOUT option to encrypt a workflow/macro in Alteryx...

I have a couple questions regarding macro encryption:

1. Can you remove encryption from macro once encrypted? If so, how?
  2. How do I encrypt the macro but also allow everyone to use the macro without having to put their 'serial number' during the initial encryption setup?
    • Basically, I want to allow them to access + use the macro but remove their ability to make changes to the macro (i.e. opening in another workflow canvas in Alteryx for modification/review).

Thanks for your support in advance!

Respectfully,

Corey

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @CoreyS ,

1. Can you remove encryption from macro once encrypted? If so, how?
    • It is not possible to decrypt a encrypted workflow. I suggest you to save a non encrypted macro before doing this.
  2. How do I encrypt the macro but also allow everyone to use the macro without having to put their 'serial number' during the initial encryption setup?
    • Basically, I want to allow them to access + use the macro but remove their ability to make changes to the macro (i.e. opening in another workflow canvas in Alteryx for modification/review).
    • The serial number is optional and an additional rule, so if you leave it blank, everyone will be able to use the macro with no ability to edit it. 

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

This is cool @fmvizcaino  i did not know we can do this!

CoreyS
8 - Asteroid

@fmvizcaino 

Thanks for your support brother! Your suggestion worked for my need.

Respectfully,

Corey

Labels