Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Empty results from join tool

RogerioReisBR
6 - Meteoroid

Hi There!

I'm having some trouble with the join tool.....again.....but this time, I think I've covered my bases and really can't tell what is wrong.

On the left, I have some data (already filtered Pedido (Order) only 201886027). And both columns Pedido and Item2 are Int64 ( I know it's not optimized - will fix it later - it is just an attempt to make sure the datatypes are not an issue. I have tried other data types, also with no sucess)

RogerioReisBR_2-1634674142820.png

And on the right

RogerioReisBR_3-1634674265139.png

I have the columns VBELN and KPOSN which are equivalent to Pedido and Item2 respectively). Also Int64.

When I run the Flow, I get 0 results from all the JOIN exits. L,J and R are empty.

RogerioReisBR_4-1634674323586.png

Interesting enough, If I save the input from both L and R on separate files and open a new flow, joining them just like the original, it works.....without changing a single thing in the join.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you a million!

6 REPLIES 6
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I am confused - your browse tool isn't connected to this join tool. It's connected way down your workflow somewhere. Your other join tool has a big red mark - to say it isn't configured. That's why you have nothing in browse. Connect your browse form this join tool and see the results...

RogerioReisBR
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for your response. 

The big red mark was something I added to the screenshot to enphasize the join I was mentioning ( and all the other red marks)

I am checking my results (or lack of) in the results panel.

When I add a browse tool at the J exit of the join (or R or L) I get 0 results,

RogerioReisBR_0-1634680406465.png

Thank you for your time and help

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

can you add browse to left & right too? also is there dynamic data (ie an app?) if so it could change column types based upon actual data fed in.

My hypothesis would still be that you have another error somewhere and your workflow doesn't make it to the join tool... or something like that.

RogerioReisBR
6 - Meteoroid

Sure can.

Browse from Left

RogerioReisBR_0-1634681007490.png

Browse from Right

RogerioReisBR_1-1634681036298.png

Now please notice that I added two outputs (base1 and base2) from the same input as the joins.

When I create a new flow joining these two results, look at the results: 

Information on the Join ( to prove they are the same fields)

RogerioReisBR_2-1634681249062.png

Browse results from L

RogerioReisBR_3-1634681347389.png

Browse results from J

RogerioReisBR_4-1634681387219.png

Browser results from R

RogerioReisBR_5-1634681414119.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

o.k. - part of my hypothesis has been proven - that the join tool isn't producing data - not that the join anchor isn't working. Delete that join. Put on a new join. re-run workflow. Post message results?

RogerioReisBR
6 - Meteoroid

Hi! I deleted the join. Recreated it. Same results.

I started a new flow recreating the same conditions and it is working now. I still have no idea what happened, but start a new flow was a faster solution. 

Thank you for your assistance.

Labels