Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Embedded Link in Google Sheet Output report - Dynamic Naming of Google Sheet Output?

kwalsh
6 - Meteoroid

I am attempting to add a link of a pdf saved on the google drive to a report I am writing to a Google Sheet.  The report consists of  imported daily banking information in CSV format and the PDF link that shows further detail. Is there a way to input the file link in maybe a text input then have it inserted/embedded in the output file with a generic link name like "Daily PDF".

I am also trying to create a Dynamic Google Sheet tab naming convention as this workflow will be ran daily.

Lastly, is it a Google API setup thing or can I have the new tab be written to the left side of previous day instead of the right where it takes forever to scroll to?

Any/All input is very much appreciated! Please let me know if you need more info.

Thank you!!!

1 REPLY 1
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @kwalsh 
You can do this using the Report Text tool.

The attached image shows you which fields to use in order to add the hyperlink. You can then add this into your report with the Layout tool!

Thanks,

TrevorS

Community Moderator
Labels