Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic input only reads 55 records. Is there a way to increase.Takes for ever to complete

Sashankbongu
7 - Meteor

alteryx.png

6 REPLIES 6
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Sashankbongu are you reading multiple files via the Dynamic Input? Does all the data follow the same template ie. columns?

Sashankbongu
7 - Meteor

No @RishiK  its just one input file that connects to Dynamic Input (Netezza) .

A better screenshot addedalteryx 2.png

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Sashankbongu thanks for that. 

You can turn on Performance Profiling on your workflow to get a better understanding of the bottle necks.

In the Configuration pane, select the Runtime tab and tick the option Enable Performance Profiling.  

You can then see what the expensive blocks are in your process.

I'd also advise that you try the in-db blocks to connect to Netezza rather than the Dynamic Input - looks like the performance issues are on the Netezza side.  With in-db all of the processing overhead is on the db server.

Sashankbongu
7 - Meteor

Thanks @RishiK  , 

you are right the processing issues are on Netezza it took 99.9% of the time. 

I will try using in-db for input. 

Have not used these before. 

Thanks,

Sashank

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Sashankbongu I thought that might be the case. If things improve feel free to mark my suggestion above as a solution.

Sashankbongu
7 - Meteor

Hi @RishiK , I later fount that I can increase the " IN " clause limit (Under where clause) from default 1000 so more records are queried at once. 

Sashankbongu_0-1600759427049.jpeg

Labels