Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input limiting rows imported

mokawner
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I am trying to upload about 5 sheets from a .xlxs file. When I upload them and execute the workflow, it only extracts the first 1,086 rows from each sheet which is the same amount of rows that the smallest sheet has, so I feel like it is just limiting its import to match that. I can't quite figure out how to fix the issue.

The data in excel is in a query but when I removed that formatting it still gave me the same issue.

Any superstars out there that can help me?

Thanks, Matt.

Screenshot (38).png

6 REPLIES 6
DataNath
17 - Castor

How is your dynamic input set up? And is the schema consistent throughout? The workflow attached is a dummy I've just set up, uses the sheet with the least entries (5) as the template and seems to work fine. Perhaps one of the configurations here is different from yours?

If not, let us know!

mokawner
7 - Meteor

My dynamic input tool was set up to modify the SQL, however, I changed it to see if I could just get it to run configured like the dummy you made. I am now getting an error that my schemas are differing...but I checked them and they are all the same. Thanks for the quick reply!

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@mokawner a batch macro should do the work for you. 

binuacs_0-1652220829451.png

mokawner
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much @binuacs

Is there any way I can use this workflow but modify it so the sheet names appear in a new column?

DataNath
17 - Castor

@mokawner you can just stick a join on, joining on FileName. Deselect the second 'FileName' as it's just a duplicate.

DataNath_0-1652227437375.png

mokawner
7 - Meteor

Ahhh I see, I was overthinking it! Thank you so much for your help @DataNath and @binuacs!

Labels