This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
That is what I want it to do but it doesn't work with my specific url. I can't give you my specific url because it contains confidential information but I think it is sent in a newer version of excel than the example you gave me.
When looking at the Header information I noticed a difference in the content types
It definitely seems like something to do with the encoding of that specific Excel file. It looks like errors with "/xl/styles.xml" are a known issue in Excel. One of the suggested fixes is to save as .xls instead of .xlsx which you could do by amending the filename, but you did say in your original message that you'd already attempted changing the extension. Hmm - tricky one!
Yeah I have tried saving it as an xls and it wouldn't work. I wasn't sure if there was a tool that could change the encoding after downloading or something like that. This has been very tricky and driving me nuts!