Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data Stream In Tool Error

cowannbell
9 - Comet

I'm trying to use the Data Stream in tool but I'm getting an error that No table was chosen in the Data Source.  Any clues as to why this is happening?

cowannbell_0-1623336031658.png

4 REPLIES 4
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @cowannbell 

Can you please provide a sample of your workflow or a screenshot of your Data Stream In tool?

Any additional supporting information will help the Community to better troubleshoot this for you!

Thanks,

TrevorS

Community Moderator
john_watkins
11 - Bolide

Check that you have permission to create tables in your database with whatever account you are using.  You also want to check to see if you are picking a temp table or if you chose the option to create your own name.   You may need to give it db.schema.table if trying to store the data across schemas.  I agree with Trevor that knowing what type of database you are reading and seeing your properties is the key on this one.

cowannbell
9 - Comet

I don't actually know what kind of database it is but I use ODBC to connect to it.  I believe it is some soft of windows program.  I have read write access in the program it's self but not when it comes to writing to a table from Alteryx, if that makes sense.  When I use the Data Stream in tool and select the connection for the database and select create new table for the connection mode, I get the error I don't have access to write in the database.  If I select Create Temporary Table, I get the error that a table was not chosen please select a table from the data source.  I'm a little confused with this error because it doesn't give me an option to select a table.

I hope this helps.

cowannbell
9 - Comet

I already include a screen shot of the workflow.

Labels