Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Source Name does not show in drop down list after setting In-DB Connection

NPham00
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

i wanted to write in Maria DB, so i installed the necessary driver for Maria DB: https://help.alteryx.com/20213/designer/mariadb

After that i followed the setup of @jarrod (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Is-MariaDB-compatible-with-In-database...) and @PeterP (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Error-Data-source-name-not-found-an...). The connection is successfully tested.

However the DSN does not show in drop down list for selecting. I tried forcing this with connecting querry but i failed too (Error: No database selected). Someone has an idea, what is it about?

Screenshot of setup and error:

NPham00_0-1642415723425.png

NPham00_1-1642415775116.png

NPham00_2-1642415977271.png

20 REPLIES 20
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

A few things:

1) You haven't finished setting up your In-DB connection yet so you will not be able to connect with either an Input Data or a Connect In-DB.

2) You need to choose your connection in the Connections drop-down under the Connection Type toggle in Manage In-DB.

3) Once that is done you should be able to choose the proper connection string in the dropdown connected to connected string.

I always test with a Connect In-DB and cache by tables/views there - as opposed to trying to connect via Input data

NPham00
8 - Asteroid

2) You need to choose your connection in the Connections drop-down under the Connection Type toggle in Manage In-DB.

I think you mean the selection in drop-down in picture 2. There is no options under that toggle.
I though it could work by setting up the connection within the Driver Setup. So i can choose this driver as connection type. But it doesn't work neither.
Same error: No database selected

NPham00_0-1642517696009.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

this dropdown.png

Sorry - this is the dropdown you need to have a value in.

NPham00
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for clarifying, So i set this up but i dont know what should i do next to create a table.

NPham00_1-1642519860335.png

NPham00_2-1642520049036.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

that means it worked!!!!

Click on Tables!

NPham00
8 - Asteroid

It feels so close.

The table is empty...
I'm sorry for my noobery

NPham00_0-1642520444599.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Start by hitting refresh.

That says you had a table list from 2014. This is also for reading in/making sure you have a working connection. Once you do you can write using Output data/datastream in and Write-DB etc.

NPham00
8 - Asteroid

After hitting refresh button the table window remains, nothing changed. Last Refresh is still in 2014.

That means the connection is not working well?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

That's weird. Are there tables at the DB you are pointing to? Should there be tables - or is it only to writing to?

If it's only for writing to - hook up an Output data tool and writing your table now. You'll need to use a SQL table definition of "XXXX"."XXXX" (etc....)

Labels