Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is MariaDB compatible with In-database?

DataBlender
11 - Bolide

MariaDB is a drop-in replacement for MySQL (which is compatible with in-db)  - has anyone tried this? 

3 REPLIES 3
jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I just connected to my local MariaDB instance using In-DB, so the answer is yes. I just learned something new today, thanks!

donald
5 - Atom

thank  you for sharing, can you please tell me what connector did you use to connect to MariaDB? is it a in-DB  built in connector ? or ODBC? did you just do the same thing you would do if you connected to MySQL?

Thank you

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Either the Input tool or the Connect In-DB tool work. I basically used the same settings as if i connected to MySQL (ODBC for input tool). For clarity, see the steps i took below.

You'll have to set it up:

Input Tool

Dropdown Menu -> Other Databases -> ODBC -> ODBC Admin -> Add (Choose System DSN tab if you want the system processes to have access to the connection) -> Select driver (MySQL ODBC 8.0 Unicode Driver) -> fill in connection information and hit OK

Then this connection will be available on the ODBC Connection window as a drop down in the "Data Source Name" box.

Connect In-DB

Dropdown Menu -> Manage Connection -> Datasource = MySQL -> Fill out rest of connection info and it will create a new connection to be used later directly from the tool dropdown menu. 

Labels