Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Filtering in the alteryx

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi Community,

I have imported the txt file into alteryx and performed the text to column formula. Due to the different number of spacing in between , it created the result data A as shown below. However, i want the data that begin with IN only and plan to filter the text with the beginning of IN and tabulate into new column again as shown below.

May i know if anyone of you know how to fix this?

Jacob_94_0-1615394653272.png

23 REPLIES 23
Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

@Luke_C that's awesome! I had no idea that you could do this. Learn something new everyday. 🤓

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @Luke_C ,

It will appear the result as below.May i know how to fix this in this situation.

Jacob_94_0-1615399755763.png

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@SH_94 

You're trying with a yxzp, which is essentially a zip file. You have to unpackage it first and then you'll be able to update the individual yxmd or yxmc files. See this link for more info:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/How-to-open-newer-version-yxzp-files/t...

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @Maskell_Rascal 

May i know how can i fix the formula below as the formula below seem to be different with your versions.

Thank you.

Jacob_94_0-1615400470158.png

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @Maskell_Rascal ,

May i know how u able to make the the header become Field_1 instead of "GGGG RSOB".

Kindly refer to this screenshot below.

Jacob_94_0-1615400754668.png

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

@SH_94 

Deselect the "First Row Contains Field Names" on your input tool. It will then give generic field names. 

Maskell_Rascal_0-1615401109292.png

Thanks!

Phil

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @Maskell_Rascal ,

Thanks a lot for the input.I just run the complete report as attached below and and noted that the result have few issues on it - IN appear in the different column.

Could you please help to look at the below report?

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

@SH_94 

Here is a modified workflow to account for some of the differing variables like Customer Name containing spaces, etc. 

Thanks!

Phil

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

@SH_94 

Per our PM conversation, I've attached non-zipped versions of the Macro and Workflow for you to use with it downgraded to the 2019.13 version. 

Again, please keep in mind that if the macro is not installed on your computer prior to you opening the workflow, it will not be possible to use it. 

Thanks!

Phil

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @Maskell_Rascal ,

Thanks again for your help. Currently, i try to import all the file into the Alteryx and noted that my data consist of a lot of variety.For instance, i have the file which contain the following criteria:

1.6290 ANC - Contain " IN"

2.7860 DEF - Contain " 2001" , "94" and "93"

3. XYZ- Contain "290 " , "280" and "260"

May i know how u will plan to do the workflow if each file consist of multiple variables as i plan to combine all the data together after fixing all the variables. Could you share with me the workflow if you have the chance to build it?

I have attached the file below for your reference. In addition to the data formatting, i would like to add one column for each report, for instance, 6290 ANC will represent country Singapore and XYZ will represent country US. 

May i know how u will plan to build this workflow if consist of multiple variables and adding one column for country?

Labels