Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create new rows if value doesn't match

Benji27
8 - Asteroid

Hello everyone,

I need your help for this case

Example with input and output are in the attached Excel file

Thanks a lot !

4 REPLIES 4
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Benji27 

I think this is what you're looking for. I had to make some guesses on the logic but essentially I processed firstnameuse and name3 separately and then unioned all the results:

Luke_C_0-1666983063491.png

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Benji27 

When asking a question, you're more likely to quickly get the correct response by including information about how you want the transformation to work.  As @Luke_C mentioned in his post, he had to make assumptions about the logic used to get from your input to your output.  Try to cover all the steps and make sure to deal with the edge cases. An example of a problem with an edge case is where you need to use information from the previous row to calculate the current one.   The edge case here is "how do you handle the first row"

Dan   

Benji27
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a lot @Luke_C for your solution : I think it's great logic yes !

But sorry, I have forgot to specify :  finally the Idt  in input is a +1 serie  

So in output, the Idt for added lines needs to be increment based on max of input Idt 

So I have attached a new file 

Hope I'm clear

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Benji27 

The last multi-row tool in my workflow is handling the Idt field now, I'd suggest starting there and attempting to implement your logic. If you run into any hiccups attach your workflow and let me know what you've tried. Hope I have you off to a good start!

Labels