Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Copying Entire Excel Workbooks

jheit
6 - Meteoroid

Fairly new user here- I apologize for any miscommunications.

In summary, is there any way in Alteryx to copy an entire Excel workbook to another location? I know it can be copied sheet-by-sheet, but I am looking for a more efficient way of doing so.

Here's my situation: I have an Excel workbook (template) that contains 10 sheets. Every quarter, 5 of those sheets are updated using the workflow. The other 5 sheets contain Pivot Tables that are not directly updated, but read values from the 5 updated sheets when refreshed.

The output will go to a new location each quarter that will not have the Excel template (this location is dependent on a Text Box interface tool). I understand I could write a batch file to complete this copy-and-paste before the workflow is run, but it will not be dynamic and adjusted by the Text Box interface tool. I could also manually copy-and-paste it, but I am trying to remove human errors from the process. My workflow is an analytic app. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @jheit 

As well as using the Run command, you can also use the Blob tools to copy files.  See @patrick_digan's, answer in this post

Dan

jheit
6 - Meteoroid

Does the Run Command tool still work properly when uploaded to the Alteryx galleries? I have using the %temp% directory in the Run Command and want to make sure this method is unaffected by a gallery upload.

Labels